If you own a home business, then a creatively designed business card can act as a great tool to promote your business. Business card tutorials are a great way to learn about how to design a professional card that can really make an impact in the minds of your clients. In this article we will look at some key things to keep in mind while designing your cards.
- Theme of Your Card: The theme of your card should be in line with your business idea. For example, if you are a fashion designer for youth, then maybe you can have a lot of vibrant colors in your card design. On the other hand, if you are a firm offering financial advice to clients then a more muted design which conveys a serious image would be a better idea.
- Fonts Used: The first principle when selecting fonts and font sizes is that it should be easy to read. Also the font color should match the color of your overall design and logo. The safest bet when it comes to font color is neutral colors such as black or grey. Again, good business card tutorials can teach you about which font colors are easily readable against which background colors.
- Colors: The days of pure black and white cards are almost gone. However, that does not mean that your card has to be a riot of colors. One great tip that business card tutorials give you is to make use of the color red. Red has the power to grab attention and if it does not look too odd against your overall design or logo color, then you should by all means incorporate red into your card.
- Images: It is a good idea to use images and clipart effectively in your cards. An image is always much more powerful than the printed words and if you can get the right image then it will really help your card stand out. Here again, business card tutorials can point you to links from where you can get good pictures for use in your card.
- Have a Call to Action: Your card should always have a call of action which entices your client. This can be in the form of a discount or a freebie. You can include that in the back of your card preferably.
- Make Effective Use of Space: make sure you don’t leave out the back of your card. It is free marketing real estate and you can use it effectively to make your card more unique. The easiest way is to print a calendar at the back of your card, but there are other great ways to use that space too. Again, business card tutorials can give you some great ideas on how you can use the back of your cards in an effective manner.
If you want to learn more about designing business cards for business success then make sure to go through some good business card tutorials.